Friday, March 29, 2013

Updates!


Whew! So, 2013 is off to a rocking start here in my little kitchen studio. I looked up and suddenly it was almost April!

So, what have I been keeping so busy with, you ask? Well, aside from storyboarding, I've had some exciting projects going on! For starters, working with Visual Storyline, I illustrated some pop art posters that were on display at Paypal's booth at SXSW this year! You can check out some of the final images in Paypal's video from the event.

I also had the good fortune to connect with writer Robert Jeschonek, who found my work online and hired me on to do some artwork for an upcoming Kickstarter to launch his graphic novel, "Hell's Treasure". I'll be giving some sneak peeks here on the blog of some of the finished pages I did for the Kickstarter, but for now, here's the cover illustration!



Lastly, and most excitingly, are my two ongoing projects with the fabulous Jamie S. Rich. Our first major collaboration is well underway, and is close to reaching the halfway point as far as finished pages. For those of you following me on Twitter (@SadMeganGirls), these are the characters you'll see most often when I share photos of what I'm working on. 

                                  
                                   
We've got another iron in the fire as well, based on an older story idea of mine (which Jamie took, ran with, and turned into something amazing I never could've dreamt of on my own), which is coming together beautifully and, well, monstrously. ;) I'm hoping to start on some pages in the next couple of weeks. 

                                          
                                               
In the few free moments I have between all this, I'm pencilling new pages for a resurrection of "Somewhere In Between"! So I've hardly left this story behind...just, reimagining it a bit. 
                                      
Molly and Marcelo's first meeting...               

As always, I'm still available for commissions! Black and white one-character portraits start at $40, and go up with the addition of characters, color, environments, etc. E-mail me if you're interested, or check out my Etsy store to see what's already drawn and available for sale!

Beijos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment